05 July 2014

Greenhouse!

,About eight years ago, we first poured the foundation for the greenhouse, as work a consumed Aaron's schedule, the years dragged on and nothing happened. What built some walls, then repurposed the wood for the chicken coop, bought more, and it sat for almost too long when I said "Enough!".  

Last year with the help of a number of awesome friends, like Erin Burke to help lift the walls  I and she framed, Louis Bliemeister to help me get the top plate and roof framing on, Aaron Sisson, who did make time to make sure the roof was square, Dan Walker who helped me get the roof ready for panel installation and finally dawn Duran and Jeremy Coleman who assisted me last week in getting the plastic I received from Sandy Jansen
up.   It is getting there, at last, at last, it is getting there.  Since I had a nice off day Sunday and not too much to do, I decided to reframe part of the north wall and add in a high window for better ventilation, done!  How I managed to heft that thing and get it on by myself is beyond me, but my sore muscles attest to me making it happen, and there is stands, framed in securely.  


Next step: the bottle wall for the remainder of the north face, Doasa and Dave are helping me save up glass bottles, and have a tile saw for the lend, so that will be a fun party in the upcoming future. After those 8 feet of round glass beauty are installed it will be time to finish sketching out how the sauna will be laid out and finish up the western wall, to be solid wood or bottles as it will be where the sauna is attaching so I can use to stove to heat either room.  

2014, the year of cleaning up a decade of projects I started in my 20s finally being able to enjoy the fruits of my labor!

1 comment: