So, in the past year to surmise:
the ducks have grown, some turned into food, I got more chickens and turkeys, some had the same fate,
sheep were given away, goats were to me,
now I milk
I make cheese.
New baby Pearl, she is sweet as a summer dream in a field of wildflowers
Aaron works hard at the mill, pray for him to find contentment in his work.
I work hard at home, at peoples gardens, teaching, loving, trying to make the best for my family and honor the Lord.
Some old ideas are reaching fruition:
I am building my greenhouse, at long last over five years since we poured the footing
The children are getting a wonderful play fort, almost assembled
The garden has grown, the kiwis are taking off this year (because I will actually water them this time!)
Some new ideas in the works:
painting the outside of the house
and the biggie:
Saving leaves all summer, pressing them, and doing the paper bag floor thing with a layer of beautiful leaves mixed in! Or maybe a full layer of leaves on top of the bags, wouldn't that be lovely? Depending on what leaves, colors, shapes, etc. I choose, it could range from subtle, to an orderly pattern, to an amazing cacophony of colors from red to yellows and greens. Anyways, I am excited about my new idea.
And another idea, to really blog.
I so much appreciate it when my friends do, so I ought, and share back my experiences and joys. Especially, my recipes, like the banana coconut flourless chocolate crusted cake I threw together yesterday. Its a keeper. I would also like to document my progress with learning how to make cheese. Maybe stuff about homeschooling, that might be fun as the little ones grow too.
There you have it!
Lets see what happens.
2 comments:
I like your blogging idea. I just started to revisit my blogg(s) and remembered that there is a whole list of bloggs I forget to read. I do appreciate the whole document life thing. It can be therapeutic and somehow a moment to myself even when there is chaos around. haha
Yes Brooke, and so I have picked it back up again, perhaps you will do the same!
Post a Comment