02 January 2007

Rosehips

A friend with some acreage has a very special wild rose bush with white roses (usually they're pink) and wonderfully tasty rosehips- the finest I have ever encountered. I had some tea of their sort and was offered to take a bag home with me.

Being of the sort i am, i felt the need to eat one off the bush, having already stripped it of the fully ripe fruit, i ate one that looked swell, but was a little hard. As I rolled it around in my mouth, tasting the goodness and feeling the shape of its seeds i noticed there were two. Usually I find rosehips to have one to three. As I rode home I had to have another, this time it was perfectly ripe, and you know what? So many seeds inside, it was crazy! That rosehip not only was a little softer and tastier, but its seeds were prolific, too many to count! It gave me cause to think.

What a wonder is Gods timing. Everything gets there at a different time, it takes patience and knowledge to know when they are properly matured- and when we wait to harvest the fruit then- we are blessed with a greater ablilty to grow more fruit in the future through all the seeds we are given to plant; were we to jump the gun and harvest Gods Fruit early, our fruit will be hard, sort of bitter, and our seeds few.

So here is to waiting! And to seeking the will of the Creator as to when his fruit in us his little bushes is ripe for the picking! One fruit today, perhaps another will not be ready until springtime.

1 comment:

Girl in the Globe said...

Wow. Very encouraging. Sometimes it's hard not to be impatient. I always know that if I wait on God, things will always turn out better than I expect, but sometimes it's easier to settle.
Here's to waiting for the big fruits!!!

gg