This year I grew Yellow Pear, Green Zebra, Black something or other, Small Orange tastes, Smokie Yellow wonders, Meat Mammas (I made up the names for the last three- they were from a variety pack of heirloom seeds I had) and some seeds I saved from a tomato plant that was given to me last year- they must have been hybrids because the four plants I grew from the saved tomato were unlike the plant I saved them from. I think i am going to only grow heirlooms next year- i'm saving seeds from the best of what I had this year.
Even more exciting is the fact that I had two plants germinate in my yard and bare fruit! How crazy is that? One is a red slicing type, the other was a paste. Those two defiantly have the genetics to do well here.
2 comments:
So many different colors and sizes! Lovely!
Do you grow heirlooms at all?
This year I grew Yellow Pear, Green Zebra, Black something or other, Small Orange tastes, Smokie Yellow wonders, Meat Mammas (I made up the names for the last three- they were from a variety pack of heirloom seeds I had) and some seeds I saved from a tomato plant that was given to me last year- they must have been hybrids because the four plants I grew from the saved tomato were unlike the plant I saved them from. I think i am going to only grow heirlooms next year- i'm saving seeds from the best of what I had this year.
Even more exciting is the fact that I had two plants germinate in my yard and bare fruit! How crazy is that? One is a red slicing type, the other was a paste. Those two defiantly have the genetics to do well here.
Post a Comment