Earlier this summer Aaron tilled up most of the front yard for me, I call it the South Field. Anyway, here is Basil helping, I put vege starts I had begun in pots in the two easternmost rows (the far ones) and have direct seeded since then in the other two rows. Everything is coming up nicely and I am now harvesting pac choy, salad, beets, beans kale and radishes, dill and corn will be ready soon. What we did was after he tilled over the whole area three times, I shoveled in a lot of seaweed we collected, then incorporated it as I raked the whole bit into raised beds and pathways. I mulched over the beds too, either before or after I planted depending on the row. I'll post soon with how it's looking now.
07 June 2009
a new field!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment